My Mother is Special, as most Mothers are.
But Her Special-ness, is hard to explain.
‘Tis Unique, though Universal – so Paradoxical,
I fail, trying to give it a name.
She’s always, been-there, for me,
As a Growing Child, and also, as a Full-Grown Man,
To help me in some way, to heal from a problem,
With an Unselfish, Motherly Hand.
Hey, But now I can name, the unnamed Special-ness.
The Answer, just fell from Above.
The Paradoxical, Unique, Universal quality,
Ain’t nothin’, but Old-Fashioned-Love.
© Ernest J. Mims, Sr. , May 9, 2007
But Her Special-ness, is hard to explain.
‘Tis Unique, though Universal – so Paradoxical,
I fail, trying to give it a name.
She’s always, been-there, for me,
As a Growing Child, and also, as a Full-Grown Man,
To help me in some way, to heal from a problem,
With an Unselfish, Motherly Hand.
Hey, But now I can name, the unnamed Special-ness.
The Answer, just fell from Above.
The Paradoxical, Unique, Universal quality,
Ain’t nothin’, but Old-Fashioned-Love.
© Ernest J. Mims, Sr. , May 9, 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment